Burges Salmon, an independent UK law firm, has been shortlisted for three awards at the Pensions Age Awards 2023. Now in its tenth year, the Pensions Age Awards celebrate excellence across the UK Pensions industry.
The categories the law firm have been shortlisted for include:
- Diversity Award
- Pensions Law Firm of the Year
- Innovation Award
Diverse and inclusive initiatives
The firm has a number of initiatives to improve diversity both within the organisation and across the wider industry.
- The Working with Schools’ programme
- The firm’s diversity networks
- A black and minority ethnic work experience week
- Co-creation of the Bristol Future Talent Partnership
- Charities Brigstowe and Freedom Youth
- Mentoring and work experience for disadvantaged mums through a partnership with Women’s Work Lab
- Working with Talk Club, an organisation which aims to improve male mental health, to name but a few.
Pushing through economic hardship
The shortlisting is an acknowledgement of the firm’s support over the past year for a number of schemes that were ran in difficult circumstances. Alongside emergency legal support for a number of pension schemes, the business has since devised pragmatic and cost-effective approaches to complex legal issues. This has protected clients from poorly funded schemes, doing so with innovation.
Partner Richard Knight, who heads up the firm’s Pensions practice, comments:
“We’re thrilled to be nominated for these prestigious accolades at the 2023 awards. This year we have continued in our efforts to support our clients in often difficult circumstances and to add value within the pensions space so it’s fantastic to be recognised for this.”