Fran Eccles-Bech, chief executive of the Manchester Law Society, said: “Although last year’s virtual event was successful, I cannot wait to see people in the flesh again at this year’s live event. After the challenges of the past two years, our community is ready to let its collective hair down and celebrate big time.
“The standard of entries is always exceptionally high and we encourage any firm, chambers, company or individual who has worked tirelessly over the qualifying period to get their entries in so their hard work can be recognised.”
The awards are free and easy to enter and the prizes are highly recognised throughout the industry.
The principal sponsor for this year’s awards is the global legal recruitment company, Interlink. All entries, with the exception of Lifetime Achievement, will be assessed against four criteria by a panel of judges from the legal and business community.
This year’s categories are:
- Business Support Champion/s
- Trainee/Paralegal/Apprentice of the Year
- Solicitor of the Year
- Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Champions of the Year (new category)
- Corporate/Commercial Team of the Year
- Crime Team of the Year
- Employment Team of the Year
- Family Team of the Year
- Litigation Team of the Year
- Personal Injury/Clinical Negligence Team of the Year
- Private Client Team of the Year
- Property Team of the Year
- Regulatory Team of the Year
- In-house Team of the Year (new category)
- Barristers’ Chambers of the Year
- Barrister of the Year
- Partner of the Year
- Small Law Firm of the Year (1-5 partners nationally)
- Medium Law Firm of the Year (6-20 partners nationally)
- Large Law Firm of the Year (20+ partners nationally)
- Lifetime Achievement
The Manchester Law Society’s chosen charity this year is Caritas Aspire, which works alongside refugees and asylum seekers in Manchester.
The deadline for entries is Friday, April 1. To find out more and to enter visit www.manchesterlegalawards.co.uk